COVID-19 RURAL DIGEST
APRIL 16, 2020
The emergence of COVID-19 has caused an almost unprecedented amount of change in the framework surrounding rural care. The CORH team is dedicated to providing regular updates on this evolving situation to healthcare leaders across the country.
As the pandemic unfolds, we foresee sending out updates twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays with new developments.
CDC’s Number of Confirmed Cases of Covid-19 (04.14): 605,390
CDC’s Number of Confirmed Deaths due to Covid-19 (04.14): 24,582
See a city-by-city map of confirmed cases: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
National Association of Community Health Centers releases toolkit for community health centers
- Resources include grant funding opportunities, telehealth support and information, information on small business loans, and managing the supply chain.
- Resources also include a host of webinars answering questions from throughout the COVID-19 crisis
- Find full resources: http://www.nachc.org/coronavirus/
HHS reports list of resources for hospital administrators during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Find the full list: https://files.asprtracie.hhs.gov/documents/covid-19-hospital-resource-package-document.pdf
- Included in the resources on:
- Staffing surge and resilience.
- Hospital surge.
- Crisis care.
- Work force protection.
- HHS/CMS regulatory changes.
Articles reported in Nature Medicine and through the AMA describe best telemedicine practices
- Read full article Nature article: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0845-0
- Read AMA playbook: https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-management/digital/adopting-telehealth-your-physician-practice-follow-playbook
- A detailed protocol guide is described that hospitals may find useful as a guide for emerging telehealth practices
CCPHPCA provides full updates on telehealth policies and usage
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists provides list of pharmaceutical resources
- The ASHP is providing constantly updated guidance on pharmaceutical best practices to treat COVID-19 patients.
- See: https://www.ashp.org/-/media/assets/pharmacy-practice/resource-centers/Coronavirus/docs/ASHP-COVID-19-Evidence-Table.ashx?la=en&hash=B414CC64FD64E1AE8CA47AD753BA744EDF4FFB8C&hash=B414CC64FD64E1AE8CA47AD753BA744EDF4FFB8C
- Find full resources: https://www.ashp.org/Pharmacy-Practice/Resource-Centers/Coronavirus?utm_source=040120-headspace&utm_medium=email
The eHealth Initiative to host webinar are data reporting requirements during crisis