COVID-19 RURAL DIGEST
JUNE 3, 2020
Today (6/3/2020) is the last day for providers to accept terms and conditions of CARES Act Funds.
- All providers who automatically received an additional General Distribution payment prior to 5:00 pm, Friday, April 24th, must provide HHS with an accounting of their annual revenues by submitting tax forms or financial statements.
- Terms and Conditions: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/cares-act-provider-relief-fund/for-providers/index.html
- Read more: https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/05/20/providers-must-act-june-3-2020-receive-additional-relief-fund-general-distribution-payment.html
HHS changes CARES Act funding rules prior to today’s deadline
- Providers must now return funds by today (6/3/2020) if they do not accept terms and conditions.
- Providers could re-apply for funds, and would then have 90 days to agree to the terms and conditions of the funds.
- Read more: https://khn.org/morning-breakout/hhs-has-yet-to-allot-nearly-100-billion-in-aid-to-hard-hit-hospitals-health-clinics/
NRHA launches a Rural COVID-19 Technical Assistance Center
- The center will focus on helping rural healthcare organizations meet the demands of the COVID-19 crisis.
- The center will aid organizations in finance/reimbursement.
- The center will also focus on operations/supplies, including personal protective equipment (PPE) sourcing and distribution, testing and contact tracing, and long-term care collaboration.
- Read more: https://www.ruralhealthweb.org/NRHA/media/Emerge_NRHA/Press%20releases/NRHA-release-NRHA-COVID-19-Technical-Assistance-Center.pdf
HHS to provide $250 million in aid health care systems
- The funds will support hospitals and other health care entities to train workforces, expand telemedicine and the use of virtual healthcare, and procure supplies and equipment.
- In addition to directly supporting health care capacity for COVID-19 patient surge.
- Read more: https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/02/hhs-provides-additional-250-million-help-us-health-care-systems-respond-covid-19.html