NOVEMBER 5TH, 2019
The presentation provides education on maintaining the chargemaster and accurate charge capture for increased and accurate revenue. The program will relate the chargemaster function to revenue cycle and revenue integrity functions, including pricing strategies and key operational issues, such as coverage, clinical documentation, charge capture, and coding.
- Maintaining the Chargemaster on an ongoing basis
- How to create an action plan for chargemaster pricing strategies
- Use the CMS status indicators for CPT and HCPCS codes to help maintain the CDM
- Understand how to assign inpatient beside procedure
- How to charge for orthotic devices that are DME exempt
- How the OCE CCI and MUE edits affect the hospital charges and payments