A PRIMER ON PATIENT SAFETY
AUGUST 13TH, 2019
This one hour webinar will review:
• Brief history of quality and health care
• What is a system? What is system thinking?
• Institute of Medicine reports
• Patient safety
• Lean tools and their application in health care delivery
• Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
Speaker: Dr. Murray J. Côté
Murray J. Côté, PhD is an associate professor and director of the master of health administration program in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Texas A&M University Health Science Center. His research interests are in the application of industrial engineering principles and tools to improve the delivery of healthcare quality. Dr. Côté’s research has been published in Hospital Topics, Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect, and Operations Research for Health Care, among others.